....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Useful Tools

I realised why my Tilda Doll was in the too hard basket!
I lost my hemostat tool months ago and I really do not like trying to turn the doll arms etc without it.

Well, my hubby found it the other day!  I am celebrating.. so I will now get onto making my doll.
I highly recommend this tool for turning out doll parts.
I found some HERE  at the Cloth Doll Supply shop.
They come in three different sizes.

I highly recommend them. In the Tilda Doll Kits there is a kebab type stick in it for turning out the doll. This works but it makes the job very fiddly. 

Also, I new tool I came across at a Lynette Anderson class a couple of weeks ago.

Apliquick Tool
Click HERE to visit their Facebook page
This tool is amazing to use with a bit of Rosanne Fabric glue your applique will never be the same.

Lynette and I with the class sample

Handstitched piecing... Yes.. Lynette handstitches hers.. and I can see why! 


Making progress with my block...  Using Lynette's new Christmas Fabrics

Lynette at work

Those tools are amazing!! All done with glue Applquick and then the stitching

Not pressed yet... but Im happy with it.

Have a great day.








5 comments:

Leonie said...

Yay for finging handy dandy tools! Love your block, turned out beautifully of course! Xx

Deb R said...

Looks like a gorgeous project! Will check out those tools!

Deb R said...

Looks like a gorgeous project! Will check out those tools!

Chris H said...

Glue? Hmmm, think I need to investigate that stuff.
I use vliesofix (sp?).

Oh and gorgeous projects you are working on too.

Leeanne said...

Hi Lisa, I wondered if you went to Lynette's class again this year. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Your projects look great, those stars look small?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...