....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Whats in the box?

What's in the box? 

It is my husband's stepmum's birthday and he asked me to make her a gift.
So I got to sewing and made her
a
Tilda Purse, from the book Sew Pretty Homestyle by Tonne Finnanger
This purse is made from Tanya Whelan fabrics. I am a lover of her fabrics just as much as Tilda, Moda and Leicen.. oh and others of course.

To pretty the purse up I used a Tilda ribbon across the front and a bead tassel made with wire. The wire is wrapped around the beads and secured.. pretty simple really but very effective.

Also
I have been making hexies (shock horror!!) yes hexies. Im NOT a hexie lover,as some of my blogging friends know, but I have these plastic hexie templates that I purchased from HERE .. Kiwi Quilts here in New Zealand. These hexies are very quick and easy to make. I have made ten so far and have 35 more cut out. These could be used as coasters for Christmas gifts, the size I used for these is the size for a coaster but I am going to make them into a Christmas Quilt. I have used a decorative feather stitch to attach the backing fabric to the front of the hexie. I will use a large feather stitch to attach the hexies together. I hope to have it finished next week so come back and see the finished product. The fabric used for this quilt are from Basic Grey, I carnt remember the name of this years and last years fabrics..but Im sure someone can tell me.

Attention Leanne: You left a comment on my Tilda Stocking Post. I cannot reply to you as you are on 'no reply' to answer your question, the following link will take you to where I purchase my Tilda fabrics from 
HERE .. this is Puddlecrafts in the UK 

I met Sarah from Red Gingham the other day at Calico Christmas. It was lovely meeting up with you Sarah and thank you for being a Swap Angel and making your gorgous gift.
Also I met up with Loreen quite by accident, this was one of my Colour Swap ladies. Lovely to meet you Loreen, it is always nice to put a face to a name.

Hugs

2 comments:

H.T. said...

I hope,Your Husband's stepmother will be happy to receive such a gift.
The bag is perfectly made-nice colours.
I have never tried to make 'hexies',but I think,they are not difficult to make:-)they look nice.
Regards-HalinaDK-

Unknown said...

I love the purse - really needing t think about homemade pressies at the mo as I want something special so this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...