....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Thursday, February 27, 2014

Handsewn Cottonholder


This is one of my completed Cotton Holders I made recently in a class

The class I took was teaching hand sewing the Japanese way. My teacher being of South Korean decent was taught by a very well know Japanese woman in Japan a number of years ago.

My teacher's name is Renee and she sews everything by hand. Nothing she makes is made on a sewing machine. It is just a marvel to see. She has made quilts, bag, dolls and Zakka.

I have been enjoying her class very much and I am hoping to incorporate alot of the methods I learn into the things I make in the future.

The Cotton Holder above is all handstitched. 
I made two of them. One for applique cottons and one for handquilting cotton.

I am not making a toilet bag with Flying Geese (Oh my... this will be interesting) Flying Geese with perfect points... we will see  ;-)

Hi to all my new readers 

Have a great day




6 comments:

Cat said...

Hand sewing to me is soothing and relaxing I enjoy it

Your cotton holder is sweet

Anonymous said...

wow it looks awesome Lisa.xx

Leonie said...

These are tooooo cute!!

Unknown said...

I recently handsewn some blocks for a cushion cover, my hand sewing is pants unfortunately. Yours looks gorgeous. Hand sewing a quilt must take lots of patience.

Julia said...


Me encantan las fotografías, son geniales. Ha estado un regalo el visitar tu bloc, te invito visitar el mio y si te gusta espero que te hagas seguidora.
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Gayle said...

Very pretty, Hand sewing takes a lot of patience but well worth the effort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...