....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year

Hi all

Just a note to welcome to 2015.

The year 2014 is a year that I am very happy to see the back of.

It has had some very hard times.... losing my dad being one of them. I have to say over recent months I have been missing him alot.  Grief isnt easy is it? even if you know that you are going to lose a loved one to cancer really I didnt prepare for the sadness of losing dad.

I am also now back at work, which is a very new thing for me after many years of being a Stay At Home Mum. This is been an extremely exhausting experience!!  So I havnt picked up a needle and thread, paint brush, pencil, knitting needle nor a crochet hook for months.

I am slowly starting to feel the need to do something but I dont quite know what the something is just yet...  Oh dear, I know I will get there eventually.

I am hoping very much to do the Tilda Swap that I postponed last year. I would like to do this around March 2015.... by that stage we will be all over Christmas and back into the normal routine of life.

With this little rave I will leave you with one of my favourite Music videos at the moment by Ed Sheenan.... I admire this dance routine and his perserverance in learning to dance,.

Fantastic I say!!






6 comments:

Leeanne said...

Happy Creative New Year Lisa. Loosing a loved one is not easy at all, hang in there, time does heal.

Indigo Blue said...

I sympathise greatly as I also lost my Dad to cancer in 2011. It was very sudden and he passed much faster than we expected. Very shocking. Time enables you to cope with it better but there are times, events, and experiences that bring it flooding back. So I hope 2015 is better for you and reading your post perhaps a small project first to get you started. What about something small, simple but useful such as a pincushion, needle case or a little pouch to put parking change in for the car. I was in the middle of some magazine samples when Dad died and making up those samples kept me going.
I still have phases when a small silly project is what I need. I am crocheting mini hearts to go on next years Hats for The Big Knit.
I will think about your Tilda doll challenge and I saw it posted about but those thin arms and legs, it might be too delicate for me although I do have two Tilda doll books.
Best wishes and a happier New Year.

Leonie said...

Thinking of you lots and hope that 2015 brings you much joy xx

sjeen48 said...

Hello, I am Jane from Holland Almere, I am looking foor the pattern : Lovely crochet dress set for the Baby Born doll

rosi said...


Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
consultation voyance gratuite

rosi said...


Très bon blog et merci d'en faire profiter.

voyance gratuite par mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...