....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sewing and Dyeing


I recently got this fabric  for the website.
I decided to make some of it into cushions. It is a lovely linen fabric and I just love the print.

It is a nice addition to me TV room

Also, as some of you know I recently purchased a spinning wheel.
I have spun the wool, which I love doing.
I love to be rustic and artistic with it and not perfect, as I am far from a perfectionist. So I let the wool twist and I let it be chunky. 

So today I had a dyeing day.

I have had the dye for a number of weeks and was too nervous to give it a try.
Today I just decided to follow the instructions as it specified and go about it bit by bit.

Im in love... Coconut Ice is my very first batch of handspun and hand dyed wool. I am hooked. Oh my gosh am I ever.

Not too sure what Im going to make with this. Im looking at creating a line of baby prop clothing. So maybe it will end up in some hats and booties.

Have a great day

\

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous cushion Lisa just love the fabric !

Leonie said...

Ohhhh lovely cushion, fabric, and that coconut ice!!! Delicious!

Cat said...

Ooohhh that is gorgeous
Give me a week or so and I will have my hooked hottie pattern sorted and we can give it a go in your new wool

Chrysalis said...

Laid out like that, the yarn looks like huge, gorgeous blooms! I love it and can't wait to see the end results. Isn't it fun to be able to try new stuff? Have fun x

Hootnz said...

Love that fabric!! so sweet :)
And congrats at your first homespun and dyed batch....its a beautiful colour...and I can completely appreciate its rustic quality as a beginner spinner too x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...