....... an exquisite boutique for that something special

Thursday, July 18, 2013

What is Zakka?


I have been asking myself this question of late.
I have a board on Pinterest of what I though Zakka was. Linen with appliqued or small pieces of fabric.
Well, after a little research I have discovered that it is in fact a Japanese word that means 'miscellanous goods' 
 The book above I have seen around and have been tempted to purchase, but I think I might just have a go at designing some Zakka myself.

This book here has a few Australian designers that have contributed, Lynette Anderson being one of them. As you know I am a fan of Lynette and I find her a great inspiration.

So Zakka really is something that is useful, sewn and lovely to look at. I love the sound of that. I also love the linen, embroidery, handsewing nature that I think Zakka has. I am now going to get out the pencils and draw down some ideas.

I came across this articule on my websearch about Zakka that you might find interesting.
Click HERE to read.

I hope you are all having a great week.



3 comments:

Leonie said...

I received the copy I'm giving away for show and tell this month yesterday. When i was researching a prize i also did some homework on what exactly "zakka" meant! The nook is delightful, but i cant wait to see your designs! xx

Judi said...

Hi
I am in search of the pattern for a pincushion that folds flat - like when you fold a box top after it has been opened. Is there a pattern for that and a picture of the pincushion open? Would love to see it and make it.. I saw it on Pinterest under pincushions.
Thanks
Judi

Sovania said...

Thank you for this nice post ... and smiling (for no obvious subject)!
voyance gratuite en ligne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...