....... an exquisite boutique for that something special

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tilda Purse


I saw this purse in one of my Tilda books the other day and thought I'd like to make it.  I have made this one out of some Tilda fabrics that I purchased from the UK and of course there is the Tilda rose that I have hand stitched onto the front of it. These are delightful little cosmetic purses from the  Sew Pretty Homestyle book. What I love about the Tilda books is the way Tonne explains how to make her patterns. I just love the basic way she explains things...

Also there is the Gathered Rose Tutorial I put up the other day... here is a photo of it pressed flat with an iron.. I just love the look ... better than the first photo, I think anyway. I have made this into a brooch to go onto a bag or whatever.

I just want to say, as I have edited into my previous post. This rose is an idea I have had for a long time. It is inspired by my ribbon rose creations. I have always wanted to make roses out of fabric and not ribbon all the time. I have been doing ribbon roses for about 14years now... I just don't want people to think I go around copying others... I am inspired by others but I am not into copying. Just wanted to make this clear.


as some of you know I have a Cuttlebug 
This is a device that is used to emboss paper and cut dies for scrapbooking and cardmaking.
I LOVE paper craft as well as other crafts! as alot of you know
Spotlight (a craft shop franchise) here in New Zealand had a special running last week. 
I had seen this owl diecut a number of months ago that I just really wanted... the thing is it was expensive.
So I took the opportunity to purchase it with the special.

Here is what I have been making over the weekend

Cards
Owly cards
Cute... dont you think?
I also made some gingerbread men. I have a diecut for a gingerbread man.. 
My little 3 year old was having alot of fun making these with me
He is an owl lover and of course gingerbread men too!




8 comments:

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love that make-up bag!! I have the same book, and have made about six of them.It's an excellent book. Well done : )

Sharon xx

Becky said...

Love love the bag.Very nice! I just bought a book on how to make the rose you made.I cant wait to begin.If I find the time,lol.

Happy Tuesday ahead!

clare's craftroom said...

You're so clever you don't need to copy ! Love your owls !

Farm Girl said...

What a gorgeous purse Lisa, pretty fabric. Your owl is a cutie, that looks like lots of fun! I must have missed that Spotlight were having a sale. Oops!

Helena said...

a bag is pretty!!!! and card too!

Helena said...

a bag is pretty!!!! and card too!

Cat B said...

Owls and Tilda - what else does a girl need to make her smile?!
Love Love Love it all!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and get money from every click on your short links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...